2. Lips are 100 times more sensitive than the tips of the fingers. Not even genitals have as much sensitivity as lips.
3. Passionate kissing can burn as much as 6.4 calories a minute.
4. A Hershey’s kiss contains 26 calories, which takes five minutes of walking–or about four minutes of kissing–to burn off.
5. The mouth is full of bacteria. When two people kiss, they exchange between 10 million and 1 billion bacteria.
6. The act of kissing puts 29 facial muscles into motion. In other words, kissing can be used as an effective exercise to prevent the development of wrinkles.
7. An average person spends two weeks of his or her life kissing.
8. Our brains have special neurons that help us find each others lips in the dark.
9. In some places kissing is a crime – it’s illegal in Indiana for a mustached man to “habitually kiss human beings”, in Hartford, Connecticut it’s illegal for a husband to kiss his wife on Sunday, and in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, it’s a crime to kiss a stranger.
10: The term French kissing interestingly enough was coined by the Americans in the 1920’s because they thought that everything the French did was so overtly sexy and provocative to a point of being offensive.Whereas in France they don’t call it French kissing, they call it soul kissing much like the Roman’s do.
So now you know a lot about kissing, how about putting you philematology knowledge to go use, and go and kiss someone?